WHERE YOUR WATER COMES FROM
In 2015, 51.2% of our total potable water came out of the ground water basins, 37.4% was supplied by San Bernardino Valley Municipal Water District and 11.4% by West Valley Water District of its surface water entitlement.
BY THE NUMBERS
- Number of Water Service Connections – 11,694
- Number of Producing Wells – 6
- Maximum Daily Production – 13.812 million gallons
- Average Daily Production – 9.11 million gallons
- Miles of Water Main – 164.5
- Total Reservoir Capacity – 28 million gallons
- Minimum Daily Production – 2.131 million gallons
- Total Annual Production – 2.858 billion gallons
Click for a diagram of source water
Click for a diagram of water production & storage
To ensure the ongoing safety and quality of the water resource, neighboring local public agency West Valley Water District is in direct partnership with the City of Rialto to lead all perchlorate remediation activities.
It is important to know that Rialto Water Services does not pump water into its system that contained detectable levels of the Perchlorate contaminate. We currently have wellhead treatment on two of our wells for the removal of perchlorate.
This wellhead treatment removes the perchlorate to a Non-Detection Level. The other two wells affected by perchlorate contamination have been shut down, are out of service and have not been used since detection occurred. These wells are targeted for wellhead treatment in the near future.