HELP US CONSERVE THIS PRECIOUS RESOURCE
There are a variety of steps you can take TODAY to reduce your water use or be more efficient with this precious resource. You can start with checking for leaks in your system. Are your sprinklers running too long? Do you need to convert to a drip irrigation system? Is your toilet leaking? Fixing problems now can save hundreds of gallons of water a day.
Rialto Water Services and the City of Rialto remind you that we all play an important role in meeting this target, whether at home or work.
Please review these simple water conservation tips and help us conserve this, our most precious natural resource. Every little bit helps!
- Fill washing machine and dishwashers before running them. Partial loads use the same amount of water as full loads – maximize the space in your machines and only run them when full.
- Little leaks add up in a hurry. A dripping faucet or a toilet leak can add up to hundreds of gallons of wasted water.
- Be sure to use low-flow showerheads and install aerators on your kitchen and bathroom faucets. They restrict the flow without compromising water pressure.
- Don’t use a hose outside to clean sidewalks and driveways. Pick up a broom instead.
- Give your lawn only as much as water as necessary for it to survive. Don’t over water and definitely do NOT allow water to land on sidewalks, driveways, streets or other hard surfaces.
- Use a drip irrigation system to water plants and flowers
- Be water wise and think before you turn on the tap.
For more conservation tips and other drought-related information, please visit www.iefficient.com. iEfficient is a collaborative conservation effort developed by water agencies and cities throughout the Inland Empire. Recognizing the need to change the way local families and businesses think about and use water, we have united to help end water waste in the Inland Empire. The City of Rialto is a proud support of this important initiative.